Amazon Ad

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Overheard on Phish Tour



With Phish triumphantly returning this year, there's been a lot of buzz. Especially from the hippies, or wookies as they are called (wooks for short). And with so many old hippies returning to a scene that has drastically changed since 2004, there's always a good mix of people, opinions, and down-right-absurd comments to hear. Much like Overheard in NY we thought we'd share the best of "Overheard on Tour" from the summer/fall 2009 phish shows:

10.
Complete Jack-ass: I saw Phish probably 30 times in the '70s. They were a lot better then.
Suspicious Newbie: Are you sure you're not just completely ate up?
Complete Jack-ass: Nah man, not back then.

9.
Douche-bag: I like Obama cause he likes Phish.
Other Douche: I think he meant fish. Like the food.
Douche-bag: Right, exactly. The Ben and Jerry's shit.

8.
Vendor: Vegetarian stir fry!
Guy: What's that in there?
Vendor: Chicken.

7.
Idiot girl (as the band plays Bouncin' Around The Room): I hope they play Bouncin', it's my favorite song.

6.
Older lady: I fucked Trey. Sure, we all did. With our minds. It was hot.
Guy-Who-Didn't-Know-Her: Oh, you're talking to me?

5. (at festival 8 on halloween)
Guy: What are you dressed as?
Girl: Someone you'll never sleep with.

4. (also at festival 8, not on halloween)
Drugged-Out Guy: Dude, your costume is so good. You look just like a cop.
Cop: I am a cop.

3.
Moron Girl: So we got this L*, but it must have been bunk. All it did was hurt my back when I was trying to sleep.
Moron Guy: Where were you crashing?
Moron Girl: Well, we were trying to sleep on the ground, so maybe it was that.

2.
Dealer: Molly, Molly.
Molly: Yes?
Dealer: What? You need?
Molly: Huh? You were saying my name.
Dealer: Oh. Weird, you're named after the drug?
Molly: What drug?

1.
Drunk Girl: I hate adderall. It makes my boogers blue.
Other Drunk Girl: Totes.

*L is apparently short for LSD, but you could have fooled me. Who takes LSD these days anyway?

KEEP UPDATED WITH PHISH'S FALL TOUR:

LIVE BLOGGING OF TONIGHT'S SHOW WILL BEGIN AT 7:45 PM EST. TO KEEP UPDATED WITH ALL THINGS GREAT SCOTT!, FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER.


ALSO, REMEMBER TO KEEP CHECKING BACK ALL TOUR LONG FOR LIVE BLOGGING OF SET LISTS, RARE MP3 RECORDINGS AND PHISH, PHISH, AND MORE PHISH.

3 comments:

Super Josh said...

Me at Festival 8: Nitrous brownies! Mushroom balloons for sale!

Dumbass: Hey no one buy those brownies, they are bunk!

Me: There's no such thing as a nitrous brownie brah.

Dumbass: Well how much for the mushroom balloons?

Scott Towler said...

hahaha, that's amazing. Take note, readers, these are the kind of comments that get you on the Great Scott! radar.

Super Josh said...

Oh yeah, and a lot of people still take L....I do...and pretty much most psychedelic sales in my experience are for doses. More people want it than molly. It's safer in my opinion. With mol you never know exactly who made it and it varies in potency so much. With L these days it's not like the old days, it is all coming from like 2 or 3 different chemists and they aren't putting out any of that dirty 90's shit. The only thing to worry about with it now is if you are buying from some dickhead selling you fake shit but if you aren't a normal custie you don't worry about it anyways....hooray for hippy elitism!