Amazon Ad

Friday, November 27, 2009

Phish setlist 11.27.09 Times Union Center, Albany, NY



LIVE BLOGGING OF TONIGHT'S SHOW WILL BEGIN AT 7:45 PM EST. TO KEEP UPDATED WITH ALL THINGS GREAT SCOTT!, FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER.

ALSO, REMEMBER TO KEEP CHECKING BACK ALL TOUR LONG FOR LIVE BLOGGING OF SETLISTS, RARE MP3 RECORDINGS AND PHISH NEWS GALORE- AS IT HAPPENS- ALL TOUR LONG.

Last Show notes:

Night two in Philly felt a little simpler on the surface, but rest assured it went much deeper than that. While the first set was a bit of a snore for me on paper, that didn't mean it disappointed. But it was really the second set that stood out, save for the already over-played Time Turns Elastic, which- I love as an orchestral piece, but am still having a hard time stomaching as a show piece on tour. But seeing Esther back in the mix regularly is fantastic. Few songs capture both the whimsy and technical proficiency of Phish like that song does. And I guess a new rule of thumb for Phish 3.0 is that if you hear Divided Sky, you can pretty much bank on YEM in the same show. Hearkening back to the 91-93 era, I have to admit: I'm more than fine with that. Oh! Sweet Nuthin' was a nice treat as well, though the most intriguing choice of the night was putting Tweezer Reprise in the second set, a feat I've never seen live, and is rare to say the least. In any event- onward and upward: a series of sold out shows in Albany and Madison Square Garden, and a few single night stays in Maine and Virginia. Then it's 3 short weeks before the guys post up in Miami for a 4-night run that's sure to leave your pants wet.

Tonight's show:

Set I:

AC/DC Bag
Maze
Driver
My Mind's Got A Mind Of Its Own
Gumbo
Bouncing Around The Room
It's Ice
Two Versions Of Me
Timber
Limb By Limb
Cavern
Light


Set II:

My Friend, My Friend >
Golden Age
On Your way Down
Fluffhead
Piper >
Tomorrow's Song
Prince Caspian
Harry Hood
Suzy Greenberg
The Squirming Coil
I Been Around

Encore:
Fire

1 comment:

grizaham said...

nice side view of the stage!
phish is tha shiz....