Tuesday, October 27, 2009
The Narrow List
With Halloween and Festival 8 just 3 days away, the band has narrowed the list to 17 choices, 8 of which being the names of the 8 camping areas at the festival. While the verdict is still out as to what record will be covered, rumors of a horns section (courtesy of Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings) grow more likely with each elimination.
1. Bruce Springsteen | Born To Run
2. David Bowie | Hunky Dory
3. David Bowie | Ziggy Stardust
4. Frank Zappa | Apostrophe
5. Genesis | The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
6. Jimi Hendrix | Electric Ladyland
7. King Crimson | Larks' Tongues In Aspic
8. Led Zeppelin | Zeppelin I
9. MGMT | Oracular Spectacular
10. Michael Jackson | Thriller
11. Pink Floyd | The Wall
12. Prince | Purple Rain
13. Radiohead | Kid A
14. Rolling Stones | Exile on Main Street
15. Television | Marquee Moon
16. Van Morrison | Astral Weeks
17. Yes | The Yes Album
For a complete analysis of the festival that hasn't happened yet, visit Jamtopia's comprehensive rundown of what's to come.
WILL YOU BE AT FESTIVAL 8? We always love meeting our readers. Drop us a line at email@example.com and maybe we can meet up!
Otherwise, see you on shakedown street!