Amazon Ad

Friday, July 24, 2009

Phish's Joy album art released



Phish.com released the art work for the forthcoming Phish record, Joy. It was set to hit stores next Tuesdsay, July 28th, but now the site reports they'll wait until September 8th. I for one could care less, I'm just glad they're making records again. And for anyone who saw them (is seeing them!) or heard any of the summer tour thus far, the album won't be a big surprise.

While the review of the new material is mixed, I for one really like it. It's kind of a polished return to form for them. A lot of it reminds me of Rift, but there's also more Grateful Dead elements in their music than ever, as evidenced by their reprisal of Destiny Unbound earlier this summer, which has always reminded me of a Dead tune.

Anyway, looks like we'll have to wait longer, but one thing is for certain: we'll get details about halloween soon!

No comments: