Amazon Ad

Monday, June 29, 2009

R.I.P. Billy Mays



When I first heard his name last night, I thought Billy Mays was the Tae-Bo guy. "that'll shut them up," I thought out loud to all those housewives and gym teachers out there.

Turns out, I had the wrong guy. And while I can't boast that I ever knew or met Billy Mays, I will say this: for those of you who think the infomercial is dieing, you're wrong. We're in a golden age of infomercials. Between Discovery's show Pitchmen and the Shamwow guy, there's never been a better time to be in infomercials. That being said, now that he's gone, who could fill his shoes?

Billy Mays will be missed by the entertainment community at large though, mainly because he kept Leno employed for the past 5 years. Leno went off the air, and Mays passed away.

Coincidence?

UPDATE: 4:08 PM PST:

I found this link at yahoo. I couldn't agree more, considering I said it before you, yahoo, you jerks.

No comments: