Amazon Ad

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Yes we cannabis!



Thanks to those good folks over at Showtime, and my friend Nic Schiller, I present a brief history of marijuana. Though I've never seen a single episode of Weeds, I've always heard good things and can see why. There's no defending the fact that this is entirely pro marijuana, but it did help me to pose this interesting question:

Given the monetary value of marijuana as a cash crop, and coupled with it the annual cost of the war on drugs, shouldn't capitol hill rethink their stance against the drug and it's users in this recession?

Kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it? Not that we could ever use the money to funnel into education (after all, when a child gets off the school bus and asks his mommy, "why can't daddy smoke pot, but pot pays for my school?" it gets a little tricky to justify), but there's another quick band-aid for this country. I mean, some kids here in California only go to school 4 days a week. Some three. Granted, they're called Kindergartners, but still! I kid. Some high school students only get 3 days a week out here. It's shocking. Especially to then force the false hopes of continuing their education at a higher level when they haven't gotten the education they need to prepare them for it!

I strayed off course a bit here, but my message is genuine. While I can't really say marijuana does any good for the world at large, the money generated from it sure could. Plus it's a hell of a lot more fun than drinkin'!

No comments: